What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a text file stored, with your permission, on your device (computer, mobile or table) when you visit a website or click on an ad. It is used to collect information about your browsing and offer you services suitable for your device (computer, mobile or tablet).
Cookies are managed by your web browser and only the issuer of a cookie is able to read or modify the information it contains.
A cookie can be used to identify the device where it is stored during the period of validity or storage of the cookie concerned. It cannot be used to identify you personally.
What types of cookie are used by VINCI Energies Group websites?
- Technical cookies are necessary to browse our website and access the different products and services. Specifically, technical cookies are used to recognise you (without however identifying you), indicate which pages you visit and thereby improve your browsing experience by adapting the website presentation to the display settings of your browser (language used and display resolution), and memorising passwords and other information contained in any forms you have completed on the website. Technical cookies also enable the use of security measures. These cookies cannot be deactivated or reset without risking being denied access to the website and/or its services.
Cookie name Purpose Storage period pll_language Website language management Lifetime of 1 year cookie-law Management of website cookie preferences Lifetime of 13 months
- Audience measurement cookies (also known as analytics cookies) are installed by us or our technical service providers for the purpose of measuring the audience accessing the different content and sections on our website, in order to evaluate the content and sections and improve their organisation. These cookies also make it possible, where necessary, to detect browsing problems and thereby improve the ergonomics of our services. These cookies only produce anonymous statistics and visitor volumes, without any personal information. The lifetime of audience measurement cookies does not exceed 13 months.
Cookie name Purpose Storage period _ga Used to distinguish between users Lifetime of 13 months _gat Used to limit statistics refresh rate Lifetime of 1 minute _gid Used to distinguish between users Lifetime of 24 hours
- Social media cookies are used to share the content on our website with other people, let them know that you have viewed this content or share your opinion on this content. This notably applies to the “share” and “like” buttons from the Facebook and Twitter social media networks. The social media network providing these button applications is likely to identify you via this button, even if you have not used it when browsing our website. We invite you to read the privacy protection policies of these social media networks to understand how they use, notably in relation to advertising, the browsing information they may gather using these button applications. The lifetime of these cookies does not exceed 13 months.
The following Facebook features may be integrated into our websites and are likely to read or place Facebook cookies:
– Facebook “like” button (which allows users to indicate that they like an element on Facebook)
– Log in using Facebook (which allows users to log in to their Facebook account and interact with our websites through this account)
– Share on Facebook (which allows users to share an element with others on Facebook)
– Facebook social graph (which allows our websites to extract Facebook elements, such as user profile pictures or public posts, to our websites)
Click here to view the Facebook data policy
Click here to find out about the cookies used by Facebook
The following Twitter features may be integrated into our websites and are likely to read or place Twitter cookies:
– Connect to Twitter (which allows users to connect to their Twitter account and interact with our websites through this account)
– Tweet button
Click here to find out about the cookies used by Twitter
YouTube and Google
The following YouTube and Google features may be integrated into our websites and are likely to read or place YouTube or Google cookies:
– YouTube video player (which allows YouTube videos to be shown on our websites)
– Sign in to YouTube (which allows users to sign in to their YouTube account and interact with the DEC through this account)
Your choices concerning cookie management
There are two ways that you can adjust the settings for cookies that we use on VINCI Energies Group websites: through the cookie management tool that we have provided on the website or through your web browser settings. You can choose to deactivate all or some of the cookies at any time using the cookie settings (on/off buttons) under “Find out more and configure cookies” on the cookie banner, with the exception of the technical cookies required for the website to function, as indicated above. Your browser settings can also be adjusted to allow cookies to be stored or, conversely, rejected on your device.
You can choose to deactivate all or some of the cookies at any time. Your browser can also be configured to indicate the cookies stored on your device and ask whether you wish to accept them or not (on a case-by-case basis or for all cookies). However, we remind you that deactivating all cookies will prevent you using our website under normal conditions, with the exception of basic functions.
Each browser has a different configuration for managing cookies and your choices. This is described in the help menu of your browser, which will help you find out how to modify your cookie options. For:
– Google Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
– Microsoft Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
– Mozilla Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
– Apple Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
– Opera™: http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
You can also change your browser settings so that it sends a code indicating to websites that you do not wish to be tracked (“Do not track” option). For:
– Google Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2790761
– Microsoft Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17288/windows-internet-explorer-11-use-do-not-track
– Mozilla Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature
– Apple Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21416
– Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/notrack.html
- Refuse audience measurement cookies:
On our website, audience measurement cookies are provided by Google Analytics.
If you do not want our website to store cookies in your browser for audience measurement purposes, you can click on the following deactivation link, which will store a cookie on your browser whose sole function is to block these cookies. Click here to refuse Google audience measurement cookies.
If you do not want our website to store cookies in your browser for this purpose, you can click on the following deactivation links, which will store a cookie on your browser whose sole function is to block the use of other cookies from the same source. Deactivating these cookies will therefore block all interaction with the social media network(s) concerned:
- Results of deactivating cookies
Caution: Your wishes are recorded using one or several specific cookies. If you delete all cookies relating to our website that are stored on your device, we will no longer know which cookies you have accepted or refused. This will reset your consent settings and you will once again have to reject the cookie(s) you do not wish to store. Similarly, if you use another web browser, you will once again have to reject these cookies. This is because your choices and the related cookies, are linked to the browser and device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use to visit our website.
More information about cookies
You can visit the website of CNIL, the French data protection authority, here: tools for managing cookies.